Liz In Conversation With Kim Edgar Tues 3rd Jan 2023
Join me tonight on TWAL (Travels With My Auntie Liz)8-10pm when I will be in conversation with Kim Edgar about her new album ‘Consequences’ which she wrote in collaboration with. 12 artists over 12 months one track per month – Album Launch –Thursday 2nd February 2023 at St Luke’s as part of Celtic Connections.
(Kim will also be appearing with her band CARA (Kim, Jenna Leslie, Aimee Farrell-Courtney, Steffan Gabriel) on their 20th Anniversary and Gráinne Brady on the 3rd Feb 2023 in The Mackintosh Church)
Kim with have her full band with her – and 8 of the artists appearing on the album :-
Mattie Foulds, Kevin McGuire, Steven Polwart , Mikey Owers and Matt Gough! We’ll have many of my collaborators as special guests: Horse, Boo Hewerdine, Dan Bettridge, Goodnight Louisa, J-P Piirainen, Sandra Le Couteur, James Grant and Louis Abbott (Admiral Fallow)
‘No action, no words are ever without consequences, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem to be at the time, and the cover of this album, a painted butterfly, is a reminder that one set of wings flapping into flight may seem inconsequential, but untold millions of butterflies taking to flight is another matter altogether’.
Album Tracks and Artist – I will be playing tracks 1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 12
1. ANY WISHING STAR (written by Ron Sexsmith & Kim Edgar).
2. SAVE MYSELF (RUN AWAY) (written by Horse McDonald & Kim Edgar).
3. THE EDGE OF SHAME (written by Boo Hewerdine & Kim Edgar)
4. THE ROLLING SEA (written by Dan Bettridge & Kim Edgar).
5. FIFTY TO ONE (written by Goodnight Louisa & Kim Edgar)
6. IT ONLY TAKES A SILENCE (written by J-P Piirainen & Kim Edgar).
7. VENT FOU (written by Sandra Le Couteur & Kim Edgar)
8. CORNERSTONE (written by James Grant & Kim Edgar)
9. I DREAM (written by Stone & Kim Edgar)
10. RIPPLES (written by Rachel Sermanni & Kim Edgar).
11. WHISPER PINK (written by Louis Abbott & Kim Edgar)
12. IN THE LONG RUN (written by William Crighton & Kim Edgar).